Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Round two


















You can probably tell that these pictures are in no particular order, but I tried to put him getting his actual belt at the end so it wouldn't be so confusing. So after the morning session Jaden had a two hour break, which he spent practicing his forms. We all went to watch the afternoon session which was their time to show off their mad ninja skills. It started with a review of all their forms from purple belt on, then progressed to some sweet moves with the staff and scythes. After that it was time to suit up. Sparring time. It was a mad house. I don't know if the picture I put up is even Jaden. They sparred student on student, student on teacher, student on two teachers, and most of these were all going on at the same time on the same floor. I felt like I was on the edge of a massive battlefield. After all the adrenaline it was time to break the boards. I really should of taken a picture of the pile of boards Jaden came home with. Let's just say we won't run out of firewood anytime soon. ( I'm not an unsentimental mom, there is just no way we can keep it all in his room). I believe they broke boards five different ways, kicks, running kicks, with an elbow, and a palm, and some other cool ways I can't remember right now. After the board breaking the candidates each got up and read one of the 6 essays they had written for the occasion. Jaden read his essay on "How Martial Arts has Changed My Life" He did a fantastic job. Eye contact and everything. After he sat down is when things got interesting. They have the students kneel to prepare to receive their belts. I look over and Jaden looks like he is about to cry. Jeremy tells me maybe it's just an emotional moment for him. I wasn't buying that. He's holding it in, but it's getting worse whatever it is. He makes it through his turn and the rest of the belts being awarded. He's shaking and biting his lip and his eyes are watering. Jeremy went let me go on the floor to see what is wrong. When the final applause starts, I'm across the floor running. His instructors meet me there and are loosening up his belt. He tells me he just feels weird, by the time I get his bag into the house he's throwing up in the hall. That continues for three hours (luckily he made it to the restroom after that). Dehydration shows it's ugly face. Finally we get enough liquids in him and he is able to function enough to celebrate at Roadhouse Grill with us. It was an amazing day. I am so proud of Jaden and what he has been able to accomplish. The sky is really the limit for this amazing young man. I am so glad I get to be here to watch his future unfold.


3 comments:

Savannah said...

We are SO proud of Jaden and so happy for him! He is such an awesome guy! We love to spend time with him! Especially now that we know that he'll protect us if someone tries to get us! :)

Jacque said...

Hooray Jaden! That is wonderful.

As a mother don't ever doubt if something seems wrong with your kids. When we were at Disney World last summer, I knew something was wrong with Lindsay. I could see it in her eyes. Shane kept telling me it was nothing and that she was just hot. When we got home, I took her to the doctor and she had a pretty advanced case of pneumonia. She really didn't have much of a cough. Weird huh?

Amber said...

That's soo awesome Jaden!! Great job. What an accomplishment.
'When there's something strange,
in the neighborhood,
who ya gonna call...
JADEN KING!'
(ya know, from the movie...)

King Family Feb 2007

King Family Feb 2007
Kyla, Jaden, and Ella