Friday, December 31, 2010

Swim Free!


In November we became the proud parents of 250 salmon. We have watched them grow, and some of them die. Today we released our surviving babies into the Rogue River at Touvelle park. It was a blast watching them hatch from their tiny pink eggs (I missed it because I was in Georgia, but I got minute by minute calls from the kids telling me all about it). I let Jeremy pull the few dead from the filter, because that is gross. I was very nervous because our once active fish have taken to lying in a pile at the bottom of the tank the last few days. I knew they were dying! Jeremy reassured me, telling me that when it is 25 degrees outside that's what fish do. Most of them seem to revive when we set them free. I guess the river was warmer then our garage. We will miss you baby salmon, live long and prosper.

1 comment:

Kay said...

"live long and prosper?" Are you a Star Trek fan!

King Family Feb 2007

King Family Feb 2007
Kyla, Jaden, and Ella