Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Pine Wood Derby Time




Being the first time mom of an eight year old scout we just experienced our first pine wood derby. Jeremy and Jaden worked on it for weeks together. I am very proud of Jeremy because he made sure to include Jaden in every aspect of making the car. They made a great team. I didn't know how involved this project could be. I'm sure Jeremy didn't go over the top when he went out a bought a drill press just for this car (He was nice and shared with some other fathers in our ward!) "Black Lightening" ended up finishing third overall, not bad for Jaden's first time. Jaden loved doing this project with his dad. Their already working on their scout assignment for next month, baking a cake for the blue and gold banquet. I know it will be fabulous. Jeremy is quite the baker.

2 comments:

The Rives said...

Those were always fun to watch. I was so jealous my brother was able to do this and I wasn't able being that I was not a boy scout.

JTA said...

I hope the cake doesn't have to be blue and gold, because that sounds gross

King Family Feb 2007

King Family Feb 2007
Kyla, Jaden, and Ella