Sunday, January 4, 2009

Like Mother Like Daughter!


Today I had a moment! I had just finished teaching YM/YW and had ran to the bathroom to wipe the sweat from my forehead before I ran to the primary room to help Ella with her first ever primary talk. I had a handful of toilet paper in my hand and was quickly wiping the drops off my face when I saw it. It wasn't me in the mirror, it was my mother. It was like I was standing to the side watching my mom in the mirror. I couldn't believe it. It was exactly the same even down to the handful of toilet paper in my hand. Wow! It's amazing what birthdays make you think about. Luckily I wasn't upset. If I have to look like someone then I am definitely glad it is my mother. She is an amazing beautiful women. Maybe someday I can even be as wonderful as her. Love you Mom!

3 comments:

Deb said...

Happy Birthday Lissa!
I am so proud to have a beautiful, intelligent and sweaty daughter. It is a legacy from me and we are proud of it. It keeps your skin looking (moist)!
Love you,
Mom

JTA said...

So funny. Am I going to get teary eyed every time I sweat now?

Amber said...

Hey - Happy "Late" Birthday!! Sorry I missed it. We have to get together sometime soon. It's been too long. Soooo - how old are you now!? :-)

King Family Feb 2007

King Family Feb 2007
Kyla, Jaden, and Ella