Monday, June 30, 2008

I Hate Diets!

OK! I am going to vent. I went to the doctor today because I am frustrated with my inability to lose weight. You'd think that waking up at 5 am to exercise 5 days a week and drinking slim fast for breakfast and 100 calorie soup for lunch would be enough, but apparently not. So after the doctor took his time explaining that I'm gaining weight because I'm not burning more calories then I'm taking in (Thank you very much) He put me on a diet. So I am now on the Mediterranean Diet (or 1000-1200 calories a day diet). I was looking on the Internet for good snack ideas for this particular diet and it was recommended that I eat 2 crackers. Who eats 2 crackers? No wonder their so skinny. I thought I was doing good with 16 (The recommended serving size for reduced fat wheat thins, but I guess I was wrong, your only supposed to eat 2). So today I successfully finished my first day coming in at a grand total of 1183 calories. Let's see if I'll have enough energy to wake up in the morning. I'll let you know.

3 comments:

Kay said...

Hey, we can starve together. I have watched the scale go up ever so slightly the last year, and now I'm DONE! So yesterday was my first day of Biggest Looser with the family. Hopefully it will only take me a month to take of the weight...I'll watch you and you watch me!

Jacque said...

Lissa,
I am so proud of you for beginning the diet. I know because of Shane's struggle how hard a person has to work to get to where you want to be. I am curious about the diet he chose for you. Shane has requested help in what I cook for him and I don't know where to begin. I am sorry the appointment did not go better. Hopefully he did blood work to rule out other factors.

Jill said...

Ditto Ditto Ditto...when I was thinner and eating better it was because I purged my house of everything I didn't want to snack on (which didn't go over well with the rest of my family). For me, out of sight really is out of mind. That's my only tip but if you come up with others, please share - I could use some motivation and self-control myself.

King Family Feb 2007

King Family Feb 2007
Kyla, Jaden, and Ella