Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Pear Picking



It's that time of year again. Time to pick pears at the church orchard. I am really grateful for the opportunity that we have to serve the Lord in this way. It's amazing to think that the pears we harvest here in Medford Oregon are sent all over the world to help people in need. Two years ago we went to the bishops storehouse for a YW activity and saw a can of pears sitting on the shelf. The girls were really impressed when they thought that they could have been the ones to pick those pears. On Sunday Bro. Bennion called us all to spend 12 hours of our time at the orchard this season, so this morning I completed my first hour. It was beautiful and peaceful to be surround by the trees while the sun was rising, plus I had wonderful company. Tommorrow night is the youth picking night so I'll get some hours in then. (I'm really there for crowd control and to keep the pears from flying) Hopefully I'll see all you locals next time I am there.

3 comments:

Jacque said...

I love pear picking as well. It is peaceful and beautiful and you get to meet wonderful people. Spencer is so awesome he got up and picked 4 hrs yesterday and 6 hours today. What did I do to be blessed with such a boy?!

Lissa said...

He is amazing! I saw him there and he told me his goal was to pick 30 hours. I was in awe.

Amber said...

I'm soooo sorry again that I missed out!  I really wanted to go...but I'll see you in the morning for a second chance!!!  :-)

King Family Feb 2007

King Family Feb 2007
Kyla, Jaden, and Ella